Welcome to Moneywise Plus
Moneywise Plus is a project aimed at improving the ongoing digital and financial competence of people living within Leicester and Leicestershire, supporting them to move towards employment, job search, education or training.
The project is lead by Reaching People, a consortium of voluntary and third sector organisations in Leicester and Leicestershire. Moneywise Plus builds on the success of our previous Moneywise programme. Moneywise Plus started in October 2016 and will run until December 2019.
This project is being funded by the Big Lottery and European Social Fund.
This video was made for our 2017 Annual Celebration Event to commemorate the first year of the project. Please note that Moneywise Plus has changed a little since that time in order to adapt to new challenges and improve our service delivery.
Moneywise Plus will help individuals across Leicestershire with:
- Increasing financial skills and confidence – including personal money management, opening a bank account, mobile/internet banking and maximising income where possible (for example, by utility switching).
- Increasing digital skills and confidence – boosting skills in using computers and the internet safely, staying in touch with family and friends, emailing, accessing online services and using PCs, tablets and devices.
- Increasing emplyability skills and confidence – including writing CVs and personal statements, developing interview skills and applying for paid and voluntary positions.
Support is available through:
- Outreach taster sessions
- One-to-one advisor supported sessions
- Employability courses
- Opportunities for volunteering and peer mentoring
These are available in locations across Leicester and Leicestershire.
Who is eligible for support?
- We can help individuals over the age of 16 across Leicestershire who can evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK and are not in paid work of any kind.
How to refer
Referrals can be made either by an individual self-referring to us via our online referral form, through an organisation via our online referral form or by attending a Digital Taster session in the local community.