The Digital Routeway aims to increase participants’ skills and confidence in using IT, so that they are more prepared and can benefit from the many opportunities that the digital world presents.
One-to-one appointments can be arranged by the Engagement Team; they take place in the city as well as Leicestershire county, are flexible and arranged at the convenience of the participant. Digital Taster sessions are also held at various venues across the city and county.
Appointments are tailored to the participant, helping to fill gaps in knowledge or improve IT confidence through repeated use, and often include the use of learning materials and online education tools (such as Learn My Way) which the participant can keep and refer to beyond their time with the project. The information and support provided helps to increase self-reliance and access to the wider world.
This can include, but is not limited to:
- Learning the basics of using a computer, keyboard and mouse
- How to access and use the internet effectively
- Learning how to set up and manage your e-mail
- How to apply for jobs online with confidence
- Introduction to Word and how to update your own CV
- Learning how to stay safe online
- Using mapping and timetabling technology online
- Introduction to spreadsheets or presentation software
- Using public services online such as NHS, benefits and housing
- Help and support to shop online
This can also include formal IT qualifications and courses with Leicester College.
Does this sound like a service that could help you? If so, get in touch with us on 0300 003 7004 or complete the referral form on our website.