Welcome to our March blog post readers! Spring is on its way and everyone is looking forward to eating lots of Easter chocolate. We’re back with some advice to save your hard-earned cash as we share some pointers for finding great deals and bargains online. Here are our top ten tips:
- Make sure you’re getting the best deals on your energy bills, switching suppliers can save you a lot of cash over the course of a year. Use the Energy Saving Trust’s free home energy check tool to see if you could save money.
- See if it’s worth your while having a water meter installed. Getting one may not always be beneficial, so check out the online calculator on the website of the Consumer Council for Water to see if it will cut your bills.
- Always use online price comparison websites when buying any kind of insurance; just remember that not all companies are listed, including big names like Aviva, Direct line and Zurich.
- Buying your clothes online can be cheaper than purchasing them on the high street. Many sites also offer discounts and voucher codes to further reduce the price.
- Car parking can really add to the expense of a trip out, especially in towns and city centres. Use a website like Just Park to find the cheapest parking spots in an area.
- Use website Petrol Prices to help you find the cheapest petrol stations in your local area and cut the cost of filling up the car with fuel.
- See if it’s worth signing up to your local cinema’s email newsletter, as you can find out about reduced price viewings as well as the newest film releases.
- Check out vouchercloud to find out about great offers on attractions and restaurants when you’re visiting a new area.
- Check out SuperCook for recipe ideas, which will help you use up store cupboard ingredients instead of buying new food in every week.
- Try online food shopping to do your weekly grocery shop. Many retailers offer enticing deals for new customers, just keep swapping your supermarket and trying new ones!
We hope you’ve found these tips useful! If you’re in need of advice to manage your money better, help is at hand. The Moneywise Plus project can help you budget, manage your finances and make your money go further. Find out more and discover if you’re eligible for our service on our website, or call us on 0300 003 7004.